What kinds of conditions or diseases in dogs and cats respond well to acupuncture? Here’s a sample of some cases I have treated with acupuncture, with good results!
- Arthritis, nerve pain, or any chronic pain
- Limping or difficulty walking
- Paralysis / spinal cord injury
- Kidney failure
- Intestinal disease (ie – IBS- Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Urinary/fecal incontinence or constipation
Is there anything acupuncture does not help?
Yes. Acupuncture is effective, but it isn’t magic. It cannot treat or cure cancer, but it can improve quality of life for pets with a variety of cancers by addressing cancer pain, side effects of chemotherapy, etc. It also cannot restore sight to a blind pet, or restore hearing to a deaf pet. Finally, pets with severe dental disease (rotting teeth) need a dental treatment under anesthesia, and acupuncture can’t replace that!